Intranet as channel for internal needs of
communication, a channel for shared secure data in central
databases, and a channel for management and dialog in business
processes with further possibilities to organize and share relevant
portions of these information and data locally and nationwide. A
well structured intranet should be easy to use with consistency in
the structure and design. It should serve as a two ways information
channel for management information and decisions; staff support in
the day to day business providing directives, guidelines etc for the
business processes; and introduction of new procedures, tools etc.
With information structure making it easy to find and use
information, e-office supply automation of every day work.
Development and implementation of the Intranet through development
of Strategy and Action Plan for full scale introduction in the RGA
should ascertain sustainability.
The three main objectives of the Intranet are:
- Leadership and management
- Production support
- Information and communication
In order to achieve these main goals, the following must be implemented:
- Adequate, comprehensive Intranet access in all levels of the
- Support tools during the execution of daily activities
within an e-office, connected with Intranet as an entry point
(for all software packages), and standardized work environment
for internal use, with central and local content.
- Implementation of management procedures. All of the
employees should be informed via the Intranet. Applications that
are currently being processed should be monitored via the
Intranet. Current legal regulations will be published and
accessed via the Intranet. Workflow management should be done
via the Intranet.
- Projects such as the Real Estate Cadastre should use the
Intranet for the purposes of user communication.
- Intranet access to all of the centralized geographic
information and registers.
- Information is produced and stored only once.
Quantitative and qualitative outcomes with indicators
- Project analysis for sub-project, budget and schedule for
the full-scale intranet to be used in the whole RGA
- Description of the structure corresponding to the three
objectives; Leadership and management, Production support and
Information and communication
- Quality of accessibility according to Web Content
Accessibility Guidelines from W3C
- Number of staff (female and male) in RGA offices trained in
use of Intranet; management, editing and maintenance of the
- Intranet system specified, tested, documented and
implemented with operators’ manuals etc. Minimum 970 PC’s have
Intranet as starting page
- Guidelines for established organization responsibilities and
authority for the use and management of the Intranet
Approach and methodology
- Support in development of Strategy and Action Plan for
development and implementation of the full scale Intranet in the
- Support in conceptual and technical requirements and
- Support in development of training program for staff at the
RGA offices and program for user involvement.
- Support in implementation in a maintenance model and main
- Support in methods for user involvements in purpose to
investigate their situation and needs and support in methods for